Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Operation Porch Take Back

Spring is coming and I am itching to redo our screened in porch!

We have what started out as a great back porch...

but then as the babies kept coming, the dog got pushed to the back porch.

What we have now is a lovely black lab cabana.

My goal for this Spring is to have a more functional, family friendly, happy hour ready porch. Dogs may visit but may no longer take over. I'd like to make it more weather resistant, less black hair covered, brighter, beachier, more comfortable, and an expansion of the living space as it was originally intended. Lord knows these days we'll take the space anywhere we can get it with 3 growing boys! Of course I've started this project as I do all with a Pinterest board. Here are some of my favorites so far...


Don't know if I'll be able to pull off anything close but here's hoping!
Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures of the progress and some before and afters soon!
You're just not living life on the coast to its fullest if you don't have a screened in porch you love living on!

 

No comments: